Share/Bookmark

It's the Great Pumpkin!

No comment yet
I got two pumpkins this year and instead of carving, I thought I'd try a new technique- paint.

First, I cut out a bunch of shapes out of painter's tape and puzzle-pieced it all around my pumpkin.

Then, I painted it. All over. Rainbow colors. 
I got a bit carried away, as shown by my white hand print.

Cool colors.

Warm colors.

My mini-pumpkin.

That became a candy apple! (It's a bit bigger than the actual ones.)

Next, I ripped the tape off.

I was disappointed because the tape had paint run under it.

KAE

Obligatory B&W photo




It isn't true art unless you're covered in it!

My creation and I

All in all, this was a very interesting experience. I wish I had gotten photos of the pumpkin with just the painter's tape on it. It looked really rad! Next time, I'll know to use a different kind of painter's tape- one that doesn't run through. I will also stick to painting in darker colors because they show up a lot better than the warm colors like red and orange. Which makes sense, seeing as how pumpkins are orange. :D




Post a Comment

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 Something Artsy | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER